I had a busy little weekend on WOW. As per usual on Saturday spent most of the day running with friends doing BG’s. I managed to knock a couple BG achieves off the list, but I was most excited about receiving the Alterac Valley All-Star Achievement.
This achieve is difficult. The particular BG lasted about 45 minutes. Longest BG I had ever been in! Most of the BG was just the two sides going at it in the middle. I died about 10 times trying to sneak by to assault a graveyard and tower. Once I finally got those two things the only thing I had left was to kill a player in the Field of Strife. Killing a player doesn’t seem like it’s that hard, right? Well it turned out to be a lot harder than I ever would of thought.Three of us stood there for 5 minutes before a player finally came in. The 3 of us jumped on him and he was dead in like 3 seconds. I was so relieved when that achieve popped. The Allies only had 5 reinforcements left so it was real close.
Above is a pic of my friend Heizz in Twin Peaks. We were playing around as panda cubs again this weekend. It’s just so much fun to run around as a cute little panda. Well we went into Twin Peaks with the Bamboozled buff on and started the BG. Heizz actually got to pick up the flag and ran all the way back to our base and capped it, still as a panda cub! He looked so cute running across the field with that little blue flag. I can’t believe not one person attacked him! It was great
I’m still not having much luck with those rare battle pet spawns. I finally got a Silithid Hatchling in Tanaris. I had an alt there for 2 weeks waiting for a sandstorm and finally logged in while one is going on.
I’m still having no luck with the following pets:
1. Scourged Whelping
3. Baby Ape
4. Emerald Proto Whelp
I have had alts parked in Sholazar Basin and The Cape of Stranglethorn for a couple of weeks and nothing. I check on scourged and minifernal a few times a day and nothing. One day I hope these babies actually pop for me.
We did a lot of champion hunting this weekend too. I did it by myself Friday. Saturday me and Heizz went looking. And Sunday a group of 5 of us went on the hunt. The hubby and I were the only ones who had the Glorious! Achievement completed so we killed everything that popped. The others managed to knock a lot of the champions off their list. We are planning to do the same thing as a group this weekend too. It was a lot of fun. I even managed to collect some of the rare drop items I wanted. Below is an updated list of the Items I’m still searching for.
1. Ai-Li Skymirror – Ai-Li’s Skymirror (Dread Wastes Approximate Corrdinates 34,23)
2. Ik-Ik the Nimble – Hozen Beach Ball (Dread Wastes Approximate Corrdinates 55,63)
3. Bonobos – Magic Banana (Valley of the Four Winds Approximate Corrdinates 16,35)
4. Jonn-Dar – Terracotta Fragment (Valley of the Four Winds Approximate Corrdinates 18,77)
5. Nal’lak the Ripper – Dynasty of Steel (Valley of the Four Winds roams up and down the wall)
6. Nasra Spothide – Seed of Tranquil Growth (Valley of the Four Winds Approximate Corrdinates 88,18)
7. Salyin Warscout – Salyin Battle Banner (Valley of the Four Winds he roams up and down the middle of the river)
8. Borginn Darkfist – Crate of Kidnapped Puppies (Kun-Lai Summit Approximate Corrdinates 56,43)
9. Havak – Shard of Archstone (Kun-Lai Summit Approximate Corrdinates 57,75)
10. Scritch – Hozen Peace Pipe (Kun-Lai Summit Approximate Corrdinates 46,61)
11. Major Nanners – Helpful Wikky’s Whistle (Vale of Eternal Blossoms approximate Corrdinates 31,91)
12. Moldo One-Eye – Panflute of Pandaria (Vale of Eternal Blossoms up and down the top part of the river he roams)
13. Kal’tik the Blight – Bottled Tornado (Vale of Eternal Blossoms approximate Corrdinates 13,58)
14. Kang the Soul Thief – Kang’s Bindstone (Vale of Eternal Blossoms approximate Corrdinates 15,35)
15. Sahn Tidehunter – Aqua Jewel (Vale of Eternal Blossoms approximate Corrdinates 62,55)
16. Yorik Sharpeye – Mr. Smite’s Brass Compass (Vale of Eternal Blossoms approximate Corrdinates 87,44)
17. Kor’nas Nightsavage – Darkstaff of Annihilation (Jade Forest Approximate Corrdinates 44,75)
I despise archaeology in WOW. I just find it sooo… boring! I still have tons of achieves to get though in the profession so I decided to start working on them. It turns out to be a good side effect while searching for champions and pets. If I see a dig in the area I’m at I’ll stop and do it. I have also found it is a perfect way to waste time in-between BG ques. There is never much time between ques so it is the perfect thing to do. So this weekend I went hard core doing digs and managed to get quite a few achieves. I still got a lot to go, but I made a dent.
Well that was my weekend! Had a lot of fun and plan to do it all again this weekend. Hopefully those champions will drop some more rares I want and at least one of those rare pets will spawn!